My client, a market-leading European Fintech business, who have developed an award-winning AI Platform are looking for a Senior SRE Engineer to join their team. They’ve had an incredible 2020, with the first half of the year net profit up 103% and operating profit up 94%. They’re going through a really exciting period of growth within the software team, with them hiring for multiple Engineers, across Development and Data – this Senior SRE Engineer role is seen as a key hire for them.
The Site Reliability Engineering team is currently Mid-Level heavy, and the CTO has identified a need for a Senior SRE Engineer to come in and help drive process and provide a strategic view, as well as mentoring the other members of the team. The kind of personality they’re looking for is somebody who’s not afraid of saying “I don’t know the answer to that, but let me go and do some research and come back with some viable options” and has a real drive and can-do attitude. That goes for the experience/knowledge below – if you don’t have everything listed then I’d still like to have a chat!
The focus for the Senior SRE Engineer will include:
- Minimising downtime to products & services
- Ensuring the platform is scalable and completely automated
- Shortening Development Lifecycles
- Bridging the gap between Operations and R&D
Therefore, ideally you’ll have experience of:
- Configuration Management tools – such as Ansible, CFEngine, Chef, Puppet, Salt
- Managed & Implemented large server migrations to Docker containers
- Worked on modern release pipelines – CI/CD Production
- Knowledge/Experience of a core programming language – .NET, Java etc
- Use of modern CI/CD tools for delivery and automation, such as Azure DevOps
- Linux/Unix/Windows System Administration
The package available includes a £65,000 basic salary (may be negotiable for the right candidate), Pension Scheme, Vitality health Insurance, 25 days holiday and Remote/Flexible working options. At the moment the role will be fully remote – the idea eventually is to bring the team back into the Birmingham city centre offices. Ideally they’d like people to be there a couple of days per week, but can be flexible so please let me know if you need more flexibility.
If this Senior SRE Engineer role sounds of interest and you’d like to find out further information then please send your CV and one of the team will be in contact to go in further detail.
Docker / Ansible / Linux / .NET / Java / CI / CD / DevOps / Site Reliability