Are you a UX Designer with a strong commercial portfolio that’s looking for a new challenge? I’m helping one of the UK’s most exciting start-up brands build their UX team, with a focus on providing clean and intuitive customer experiences.
The UX team is integrated into cross-functional Agile teams, with a focus on both B2B & B2C customer experiences. You’ll be working on a variety of different projects, including website design and the complete design, prototyping and build of an App, both on Android & iOS. You’ll be given creative freedom and autonomy to be able to provide industry-leading practices and techniques.
Ideally you’ll be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years experience in a UX Designer (or related) role
- Have good hands-on knowledge of UX tooling, principles and techniques
- Apply conceptual and design thinking patterns to determine solutions that meet customer and business needs, considering technical and non-functional constraints.
- Be able to facilitate internal workshops and external user research sessions.
- Apply rapid prototyping to test ideas.
- Understand and be enthusiastic about web/mobile application experiences, and understand those constraints.
- Be familiar with reviewing sources of customer analytics and distilling the findings into tangible hypotheses.
- Be comfortable designing both low-fidelity wireframes and high-fidelity designs (in conjunction with a UI Designer).
- Understand, utilise and build upon a Design Language System for efficiency, consistency and to reinforce brand identity.
The Head of UX is flexible when it comes to technical experience and is more than happy bringing on board people who are willing to learn. If you could show technical experience in any of the technology listed below then that would be desirable:
- UX/UI Design and Prototyping Tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Axure, Balsamiq, InVision, Marvel, Proto.io, etc.)
- Atomic Design and Components (for use in React, for instance)
- SVGs / Vector images
- Design Sprints
- Usability Testing
- User Journey Mapping
- Flow Analysis
- A/B Testing
There is a salary banding of between £35-45,000 (we’re also recruiting for Senior UX Designers so please still contact us if you’re looking up to the £50k level) + Company Benefits package. Although the business is based out of Birmingham city centre, the majority of the team are remote and they’re flexible when it comes to location. Ideally they’d like people to be able to travel into the office 2-3 times per month when COVID restrictions lift, but again this can be discussed at interview stage. Even though the teams are remote, there is a real focus on a collaborative, supportive and fun environment, with regular contact between teams and monthly socials.
If this UX Designer opportunity sounds of interest to you and you’d like to find out further details then please send your CV and commercial portfolio over and one of the Fusion team will be in touch to discuss in greater detail.