A unique opportunity had been created for a System Administrator or someone within a Infrastructure focused role to cross-train into a DevOps Engineer position.
The company are leaders in their field, supplying their products to the likes of Amazon and Ocado. The team has gone from strength to strength over the years and they are now spread across two sites in the UK and Holland.
We are looking for someone who is proactive, confident in their current skill set, but keen to learn more. The Trainee DevOps role will give you the perfect chance to learn on the job whilst adding value with your current skill set. With training and support, you will become a key contact in the European Development Team for the DevOps tooling required to deliver projects successfully.
As the DevOps Engineer you will:
- Support the build of infrastructure, including maintaining Azure and VMware environments and manage and maintain infrastructure
- Be a key resource for future improvements and existing DevOps systems, helping streamline processes
- Get involved in hardware and infrastructure requirements for new and existing client sites and help the teams to implement these.
To be considered for this DevOps Engineer role you will need:
- Experience in Windows Server Customization and Administration
- VMware Administration Experience
- Skilled in Hardware Infrastructure Configuration and Installation
- Good understanding of Scripting Languages such as PowerShell or Bash
- Understanding of network addressing and network architecture
- Willingness to learn .NET & Java
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and technology stacks
- Willingness to occasionally travel to UK and European customer sites
The DevOps Engineer role is paying £43,000 with benefits package, which includes 25 days annual holiday with the option to buy up to 5 days of additional holiday, a contributory pension scheme, life assurance and free access to onsite gym! A mix of office and home-based working is available (2 days in office per week).