This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the UK’s most exciting start-up brands. In the past 18 months, the business has grown by over 130 people and has managed to hire a fantastic mix of Software/Site Reliability/Data Engineers and SDET’s. We’re now looking to grow the testing team by hiring two experienced SDET’s to come on board and help them build a first-class software platform.
We’re looking for SDET’s who can champion, lead and implement best practices to ensure they can continue to use CI/CD and develop at pace with confidence. You will need to have a keen understanding of a variety of automated testing techniques, and how that applies to distributed systems architecture. As a business they believe in – testing/releasing early & often, keeping manual testing to a minimum, continuous improvement (through techniques like route cause analysis), ‘zero defects philosophy’, testing in production & using metrics and feedback to guide efforts.
Your responsibilities as SDET will include:
- Champion test strategy for highly distributed systems, supporting both web & mobile
- Build a consistent test strategy across multiple teams & help to build and execute the strategy for testing in production
- Follow latest test patterns and make appropriate recommendations
- Understand the services offered by cloud platform providers and in particular Azure. Always looking at new ways to push quality.
- Actively develop new internal tools for testing
- Support efforts to ensure appropriate levels of scalability (load testing/performance testing)
To be considered for these SDET opportunities you’ll need to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- 3 + years in a similar position or have an interest moving from a Software Engineer into an SDET role
- C# and/or .NET Core
- TDD & BDD
If you have any of the following experience, then it would be massively desirable:
- Messaging Systems (e.g. Azure Service Bus)
- Dependency Injection: Faker, Bogus, AutoFixure, AutoFaq etc
- Azure DevOps
- Mobile app testing automation (React Native)
- Security conscious & aware of OWASP
The role will be fully remote working (you may occasionally need to travel into the Birmingham office) and there’s a salary range of between £50-65,000 depending on experience. Even though the role is remote, the business is fully focused on staff engagement and ensuring there’s a great team culture. Teams regularly keep in contact through a variety of sources and they do run online socials, including online gaming sessions and quizzes etc (if you haven’t had enough of quizzes this lockdown!).
If these SDET roles sound of interest to you and you’d like to find out further details then please submit your CV and one of the Fusion team will be in touch to discuss the role and opportunity in further detail.